Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Debootstrap as a replacement of debian chroot creation in obs
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 09:43:08 +0100
Am Dienstag, 6. März 2012, 08:17:27 schrieb Helio Chissini de Castro:

I'm open to opinions, ideas of how far we can go, improve the script and if
maybe we can adapt this to upstream in future.

Having a first look, it seems you do not install VMINSTALL packages, but do
install all packages in preinstall phase.

Also, are you sure that debootstrap is really never executing scripts during
this phase ? I doubt that. But when it is executing scripts this approach is
actually a security problem, because you can take over the worker.

Also, I think you can not enforce anymore to ignore dependencies or to
downgrade versions which is required in some situations.

bye
adrian

You can see the branch of obs-build here:
https://github.com/heliocastro/obs-build

And all packages in my home:heliochissini on build.opensuse.org
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Aheliochissini

[]'s
SUSE Linux Products GmbH