[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-web] Reworking the software search page
On 01.03.2012 18:28, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 1. März 2012 schrieb Thomas Schmidt:
As part of the current boosters sprint[1] which aims at integrating
the appstream[2] project into our distribution we would like to
enhance the web view on our packages at software.o.o/search.

The challenge is to make available the matrix of different OS
versions, repositories and package versions in a clear way while
making it easy for the standard user to get the latest stable version
for his OS without getting confused.

AFAIK One Click Install supports ymp files that choose the distribution
automatically (packman uses such files IIRC).

Using such a multi-distribution ymp file for the big "Direct Install"
button would make things easier and less error-prone for the average
user.

That would be really cool and avoid some wrong downloads i think.
I'm not sure how we can detect on which os version the client is anyway (in
the browser).
At the moment the ymp is directly created by the obs at an url like this:
https://api.opensuse.org//published/openSUSE:12.1/standard/kernel-default?view=ymp

We would need someone to extend the obs to create those multi-os ymps.
It would also be interesting to know how packman creates those.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team