[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-web] Reworking the software search page
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 1. März 2012 schrieb Thomas Schmidt:
As part of the current boosters sprint[1] which aims at integrating
the appstream[2] project into our distribution we would like to
enhance the web view on our packages at software.o.o/search.

The challenge is to make available the matrix of different OS
versions, repositories and package versions in a clear way while
making it easy for the standard user to get the latest stable version
for his OS without getting confused.

AFAIK One Click Install supports ymp files that choose the distribution
automatically (packman uses such files IIRC).

Using such a multi-distribution ymp file for the big "Direct Install"
button would make things easier and less error-prone for the average
user.

I know that this won't work for special cases like "12.1 + KDE 4.8
repo". That's why there is the big repo list below the "Direct Install"
button ;-)

Additional note, not really related to this discussion:
On the longer term, it would be nice to have a search client (not the
browser) that tells the server about the currently active repos and gets
the best-matching results for those repos. To stay with my example
above, it would give you a package that is compiled with kdelibs from
the KDE 4.8 repo.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Kann mir bitte jemand das Script für die Abmeldung von dieser Liste
schicken.