Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search page
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As part of the current boosters sprint[1] which aims at integrating
the appstream[2] project into our distribution we would like to enhance
the web view on our packages at software.o.o/search.

With the final target of an web-based appstore we began thinking of
how to display a package (app) to the user.
The challenge is to make available the matrix of different OS versions,
repositories and package versions in a clear way while making it easy for
the standard user to get the latest stable version for his OS without
getting confused.

We already have a mockup available:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/294274/software.o.o/package-view.png

Feedback appreciated :-)

note: I'm ignoring the home repository issue.

The image implies that only the OSS, update and official devel project
are searched.

1) What about the many packages which are not in factory. One example
I maintain is volatility which is in the security repo only at
present.

2) What about packages which are in multiple devel repos. One
official, others not. Lots of those, but dc3dd is one example.

Greg