Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search page
On Mar 01, 12 12:05:35 +0100, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
As part of the current boosters sprint[1] which aims at integrating
the appstream[2] project into our distribution we would like to enhance
the web view on our packages at software.o.o/search.

With the final target of an web-based appstore we began thinking of
how to display a package (app) to the user.
The challenge is to make available the matrix of different OS versions,
repositories and package versions in a clear way while making it easy for
the standard user to get the latest stable version for his OS without getting
confused.

We already have a mockup available:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/294274/software.o.o/package-view.png

Feedback appreciated :-)

The example search is 'kate'.
I'd like to see at least that the highest available version number is
mentioned somewhere in the results.

It currently is
home:rwooninck:UNSTABLE_KDE4 kate 4.8.41
Found with
osc se -V kate

Hiding home projects completly is a very bad thing IMO.
Currently users get the false impression that the search results are
exhaustive. We could add a link 'Find more...' or
tell what the difference is, like e.g. 'Not signed-off by SUSE' and add a
list.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 say #263A!__/ (____/ /\
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, J.Guild, F.Imendoerffer, HRB 16746
(AG Nuernberg), Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany

SuSE. Supporting Linux since 1992. ☺