Re: [opensuse-buildservice] submit request is not specific about content
On 28.02.2012 10:29, Robert Schiele wrote:

A problem exists though for linked (or branched) packages. This is
because when I submit a tested revision 42 of a linked (or branched)
package and the original package my package is based on changes (and
potentially breaks my package) the modifications are merged
automatically into my package without the revision number changing.
There is no way (or at least I am not aware of one) to specify a
specific srcmd5 though in a submit request to prevent this.
osc sr -r is for that.

But it's meant to be this way so you're not forced to resubmit if the
changes to do conflict.

Let's say someone patches a typo in the %description and someone else
fixes the %files section and both submit to the devel project. You can
review one, the change is then merged into the other's project and the
SR still looks good and you can review the 2nd and accept it too.

If both would submit a specific source, they would overwrite each other
and/or create a conflict.

Greetings, Stephan