Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cross compilation dependency handling
  • From: Carsten Munk <carsten.munk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:50:14 +0100
27. feb. 2012 18.17 skrev Daniel Gollub <gollub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Carsten,

On Monday, February 27, 2012 02:17:34 PM Christian Schneemann wrote:
[...]
Preinstall: and VMinstall: will always go into hostarch (which
makes sense) in order to have a bootable environment

Right.

What scope will BuildRequires: dependencies from the package be
resolved with? Will it look within the <scheduler> that it is
being built within?

Will BuildRequires: be dep resolved on all architectures or just
one?

I just pushed out something which starts addressing this issues:
https://github.com/b1-systems/obs-build/commit/930554fe36992097c2b200e6db74a9ffd107600a
https://github.com/b1-systems/open-build-service/commit/91bece36f12a8095d6cf6f56566b7639a04a863d

Since we want to have _Transpartent_ cross builds (which means not too much
fidlling in each spec file with regards to BuildRequires and other things) I
enabled Build::get_build and Build::get_deps
to:

<snip>

Sounds like a good direction - I think I'll begin to rebase my SB2
work on top of your patches as to make merging of both our efforts
easier.

BR
Carsten Munk