Re: [opensuse-buildservice] gcc-4.6 internal compiler error, always, on Factory
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 10:58:35PM +0100, Pascal Bleser wrote:
On 2012-02-26 21:34:11 (+0100), Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2012-02-26 21:00:42 (+0100), Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 08:27:25PM +0100, Pascal Bleser wrote:
In the Packman OBS instance, every single package build fails
for Factory with GCC-4.6 crashing on an internal compiler error,
e.g. like this:
http://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/rawlog?arch=x86_64&package=MPlayer&project=Essentials&repository=Factory

Known issue? Some problem on our side? (e.g. cached gcc package
that has been replaced by a working one but hasn't been picked
up ?)

We do not see it here at least.
Looks like a broken x86_64 compiler ... Can you get a backtrace?

Umm... how? :)

All I get is what is in the build log (and it's always the same,
with any package).

Can you try a local build and see if it fails there?

osc co Essentials/MPlayer
cd !$
osc build Factory x86_64

Yeah, surprisingly, it doesn't happen with local builds (on an
i7). But it has happened on all our three build server hosts.

Which kernel version is running?

It might be glibc related, which now requires 2.6.32 or newer.

Ciao, Marcus