Re: [opensuse-buildservice] macro to get current build project
On Sunday 26 February 2012, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Sunday 2012-02-26 15:10, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Yep, I force the "user" to use unrpm only.
Requires: do_not_install_this_but_unrpm
No, in my case the src tarball is a "git export" (with lots of build
requires) and the destination tarball is a "make dist" tar ball to
be used by endusers.

I'm doing all this to release upstream projects doing autoreconf,
make check, make distcheck etc. on clean OBS hosted distros.

Noble attempt, but you are leaving the user with more than one
distified tarball, whose contents are also dependent upon a
particular distro. That reeks of release mismanagement.

Hehe, the only "user" here is the release manager himself. He can
compare and test all the distified tarballs to elect exactly one (or
none) for the official download site.

However maybe it would be better to not publish these tarball rpms. It's
a bit pity that you cant't unpublish just a sub-package or is this
possible nowadays?

BTW the funny thing is that upstream developers usually never use their
own tar releases at all except for publishing it one time (hopefully
after tesing it).

[...]
The package is automatically updated from git repo using this script
https://gist.github.com/1200424

OBS can automatically pull git snapshots, you do not strictly have to
push them yourself. (I do however prefer explicit pushs myself.)

Good to know, but I think it can't be possible to get the same comfort
(selecting branches/commits/origins quickly at the command line).

In my use case I even have to push because the origin git must be a
private one. The release tag will be only pushed to a public repo after
all that OBS stuff above has been finished successfully.

cu,
Rudi