Re: [opensuse-buildservice] macro to get current build project

On Sunday 2012-02-26 15:10, Ruediger Meier wrote:

Yep, I force the "user" to use unrpm only.
Requires: do_not_install_this_but_unrpm
No, in my case the src tarball is a "git export" (with lots of build
requires) and the destination tarball is a "make dist" tar ball to be
used by endusers.

I'm doing all this to release upstream projects doing autoreconf, make
check, make distcheck etc. on clean OBS hosted distros.

Noble attempt, but you are leaving the user with more than one
distified tarball, whose contents are also dependent upon a
particular distro. That reeks of release mismanagement.

[...]
The package is automatically updated from git repo using this script
https://gist.github.com/1200424

OBS can automatically pull git snapshots, you do not strictly have to
push them yourself. (I do however prefer explicit pushs myself.)