[opensuse-buildservice] Cross compilation dependency handling
  • From: Carsten Munk <carsten.munk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:43:01 +0100
Hi,

One of the discussion points about my SB2-OBS patch is that we ought
to work towards a common strategy for denoting these special kind of
dependencies in prjconf instead of using "SB2install" "CBinstall" etc.

Daniel Gollub suggested that we work with N amount of 'sysroots' and N
rpm databases and I tend to agree. Right now in SB2 I distinguish
between host (/) and target /target, but it might be more flexible to
do with N targets instead.

The question is of course, can we effectively work with multiple
dependency trees (maybe even across schedulers?) within the current
code and how do we do it best?

Adrian suggested something like Preinstall($hostarch) to indicate that
this needs to be preinstalled on host architecture. My suggestion
would be perhaps to indicate through configuration where to put
things, for example, Roots: host=/ armv7l=/opt/cross/armv7l, etc, so
we can do dynamic labeling and telling what location on the build
filesystem things should go in.

What are your thoughts?

BR
Carsten Munk