Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:44:15 +0100
Archie Cobbs wrote:
[...]
Right now it is impossible to (re)build our openSUSE 11.3-based server
because, to take just ONE EXAMPLE, the mapserver package is not
available for 11.3. This is because the Application:Geo/openSUSE_11.3
repo was destroyed.

Also, mapserver does not exist in any of the
DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.3 repos, or Evergreen, or anywhere else.

So that's the problem: I need to be able to build and support servers
that last more than 18 months and it's become practically impossible.

I really don't understand how you managed to get into that situation.
Was the fact that openSUSE gets updates for 18 months and that 11.3 is
going EOL in January 2012 not communicated prominently enough? Did
you miss the discontinuation reminder that was sent six weeks before
the fact?

At this point you should bite the bullet and upgrade to 11.4 or 12.1
ASAP. Set a reminder in your calendar to prepare for the next distro
upgrade in time.

cu
Ludwig

--