Re: [opensuse-buildservice] caching in source services
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:47:27 -0300
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

But remember that though they'll be building different packages, many
(and I mean MANY) dependencies that would be downloaded into the cache
could be shared among users.

This is a cache for upstream sources only (retrieved via tar_scm /
download_files source services), so the dependencies would only get
cached if they are being rebuilt too.

Oh... so the rpm cache for dependencies uses another mechanism?

Security takes precedence IMO, but it's not as inconsequential in the
multiuser case as you may think.

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow.  What multiuser case are you envisioning
here?

Multiple users using the same machine for building of OBS packages.
I've worked at at least one place where this was the norm.
(because I told everybody just how great OBS is ;-) )