Re: [opensuse-buildservice] challenges in testing changes to rpmlint
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:37:48 +0100
Adam Spiers wrote:
Ludwig Nussel (ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx) wrote:
Adam Spiers wrote:
- rpmlint-mini.spec pulls in files from /usr on the build host;
isn't that evil and wrong?
- Why does rpmlint-mini include its own Python?
- Why does rpmlint-mini even exist - isn't rpmlint good enough?

Plain rpmlint cannot be used in the build root as it would introduce
python in each every build root.

Sure - my question was really "why can't we have Python in every build
root?"

That would make every single package implicitly build depend on python.
The amount of default installed packages needs to be reduced rather than
adding even more. See efforts to remove automake etc from the default
set.

cu
Ludwig

--