Re: [opensuse-buildservice] challenges in testing changes to rpmlint
Am 14.02.2012 11:08, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2012, 10:22:22 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am 14.02.2012 01:09, schrieb Adam Spiers:
obs-service-tar_scm.noarch: W: non-standard-uid
/var/cache/obs/tar_scm/repourl obsrun>
A file in this package is owned by an unregistered user id. To
register the
user, please branch the devel:openSUSE:Factory:rpmlint rpmlint
package, add the user to the "config" file and send a
submitrequest.

This is a bug in the package if you ask me. the service package can be
installed on every developer's machine and packaging it in a way that it
only works on OBS server instances is *wrong*.

True, a reason to add obsrun user in this package to avoid to require obs-
server.

No, it's not. Having the cache owned by obsrun won't fix anything as long as there is nothing running under this user. It's just a package that you install and it then spits in your face saying "sorry, for caching you need to fix me". So if it needs fixing anyway, then the
obs boot scripts can just as well chown the directory to the user,
OBS runs under.

Greetings, Stephan