Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Question for unsupported packages: Octave, Scilab, Warsow
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 05:44:33PM +0400, Кириллов Александр wrote:
1. Why is the octave in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_12.1/ ?
(At the same time qtoctave in Pacman Repository)
Why not both packages are in OSS?

I am one of maintainers of octave, octave-forge and other related
packages. The history is such, that octave was moved into Contrib
in its good times as addon for Factory. When good times switched
to bad times, I moved it in science repo and I am satisfied with
it so far. It have some new dependencies that also don't exist in
factory.

If you want, you can surely help with any thing you want. Some tips
are:
* qhull issues (search octave-help mailinglist; we build against
2012.1 now but it seems it have some issues)
* octave-forge doesn't build some time for factory and openSUSE 12.1
due some gcc errors
* if you really want to have octave in factory, push its dependencies
into factory first and then octave itself

Keep in touch,

Petr