Re: [opensuse-buildservice] test of obs-server.x86_64-2.2.116-Build1.2.raw in a update from version 2.1
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:34:29 +0100
After reboot MySQL was not running, because it did start before
the /obs directory was mounted - fixed with
Required-Start: $network $remote_fs obsstoragesetup
in the mysql startscript and insserv.
obsstoragesetup did not mount /dev/OBS/cache, moved the mount in the
startscript before the worker setups.

We found out yesterday that the "boot.lvm" script is not enabled by default
anymore. Changed now in the appliance.

The modification of the mysql init script is not a good way, because this
would not work outside of the appliance and break package updates.

We have the "Start-Before: mysql ssh" line instead in obsstoragesetup
which should let it start before.

Then apache did start before MYSQL was started, because it was in
systemd defined as service. Deleted apache2.service file, now apache2
starts as expected after the required services are running.

Actually I am only testing with sysvinit atm. Most likely the default will
change for the appliance.

However, apache2 and mysqld should be able to startup in parallel.

Still wrong rights on many files under /obs (because of changed UID/GID
values, repaired with
chown -R obsrun:obsrun /obs/*

Really ? I thought this is fixed meanwhile.

chown -R mysql:mysql /obs/MySQL

Yep, noticed also.

moin
adrian