Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] distro independant rpms and debs for distro independant data?
On 1/31/2012 2:14 AM, Carsten Hoeger wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, Claudio Freire wrote:

Bumping a really old thread here, but again I'm noticing some
inefficiency in OBS.
If both x86_64 and i586 are enabled for a noarch package, it's built
twice, but only one rpm is created.

Good point.
Especially when just building noarch packages.

Question: is it safe for me to disable one of the archs and thus save
some redundant work for OBS? (I imagine it is)

I am doing that since quite some time now, but I am just building noarch
packages.

Question: wouldn't it be great if OBS did that "optimization"
automatically? (after all, if only one RPM is published, what's the
point of building twice?)

+1

It at least verifies that the build process works on both arches.

--
bkw