Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] distro independant rpms and debs for distro independant data?
2011/4/7 Rémy Garrigue <remy.garrigue@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello

Adding BuilArch: noarch will just get him a RPM enabled for i586 and x86_64
etc, but still for the same repository.

Bumping a really old thread here, but again I'm noticing some
inefficiency in OBS.
If both x86_64 and i586 are enabled for a noarch package, it's built
twice, but only one rpm is created.

Question: is it safe for me to disable one of the archs and thus save
some redundant work for OBS? (I imagine it is)
Question: wouldn't it be great if OBS did that "optimization"
automatically? (after all, if only one RPM is published, what's the
point of building twice?)

For cross-distro, what I'm personnaly doing is enabling a repository for
each distro I'm interested in (Fedora_14, openSUSE_11.3, openSUSE_11.4,
etc.). OBS will publish the resulting rpm in a distro-specific repo, like
this for example:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rgarrigue:/xtreemos3.0/
If that's just data, there should be no complication for your stuff to
package for each distributions.

Good luck,
Rémy