Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
Holy crap.

I just realized that OBS has blown away ALL 11.3 repos, including my
home directory, not just openSUSE:Tools.

Argggh... trying to remain philosophical here...

We have a bunch of mission critical machines running openSUSE 11.3.
Why? Because one of the attractive features of openSUSE is that it is
very stable and runs great for a long time.

But now all of these machines are essentially unsupportable (and
unreproducible), until we force them through an upgrade process that
creates risk.

So the aforementioned long term stability of openSUSE has just been
invalidated as a feature!

The openSUSE community is not just a bunch of Linux kids who all like
to live on the bleeding edge. It's used for serious applications all
over the place. To some of you folks 11.3 may seem like ancient
history but in my world it's chugging along nicely. It's only been out
for 18 months for goodness sake!

OK, I can accept that I'm in the minority. So what is the right answer
then for me? I guess Tumbleweed is supposed to be the solution to this
problem?

In any case, here is one thing I still don't understand: will someone
please explain to me why RHEL 4, released 7 years ago, is more
important to the openSUSE community than openSUSE 11.3, released 18
months ago?

-Archie