Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:27:47 +0100
Am Montag, 23. Januar 2012, 20:18:49 schrieb Archie Cobbs:
I noticed that openSUSE:Tools has dropped its 11.3 repo already.

I understand 11.3 is EOL'd, but it seems like Tools repo should be special,
as it contains zypper -- the tool that lets you upgrade.

No, it was never part of that repo.

I understand that EOL means no longer "community supported" - that's fine..
but it seems to me that "community supported" is a completely different
concept than "exists as a repo in a project".

After all, openSUSE:Tools has RHEL 4 and all these other non-SUSE repos...
are those distributions "community supported" by the openSUSE project??

So I don't understand the rush to remove the repo.

Needless to say, I still have stable 11.3 systems around that I'm not ready
to upgrade just yet...

Thanks,
-Archie
SUSE Linux Products GmbH