Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help with file list please
On 01/20/2012 11:28 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Robert Schweikert<rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
When I use

%dir %{axis2c_home}

I get errors about files being packaged in 2 packages.

According to this[0], it should work.

Exactly which error do you get?

As posted previously:

ERROR: /usr/share/doc/packages/axis2c/api/html/axiom__document_8h.html is packaged in both axis2c and axis2c-doc, and the packages do not conflict

For the case with
%dir %{axis2c_home}

and:

... checking filelist
axis2c-1.6.0-1.x86_64.rpm: directories not owned by a package:
- /usr/lib64/axis2c

for the case with
#%dir %{axis2c_home}

[0] http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html

Thanks for the link. I now understand the problem and have a fix.

The problem is really the %doc README...... in the files section for the main package. After reading the text from the link the light came on.

%doc README......

will not only package the files listed with the %doc directive, but everything that ends up in %{_defaultdocdir}. Thus all the API documentation files that I am trying to split into a -doc package do really get packaged twice due to this oddity of overzealous packaging.

An %except directive fixes this problem.

Thanks for the help,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx