Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help with file list please
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:26:59 -0500
On 01/20/2012 08:11 AM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:00:46PM -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:

I am running into an issue with the file list of a package

Virtualization:Cloud:Eucalyptus/axis2c

The spec file currently has the following entry:

%define axis2c_home %{_libdir}/%{name}

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%config /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*
%doc AUTHORS ChangeLog COPYING CREDITS LICENSE NEWS NOTICE README
%{axis2c_home}/bin
%{axis2c_home}/lib
%{axis2c_home}/modules
%{axis2c_home}/modules/*/module.xml
%{axis2c_home}/axis2.xml
%{_bindir}/axis2*
# .so links need to be in the regular package as they will be used by dlopen
%{_libdir}/*.so*
#%dir %{axis2c_home}

I believe this is the only one you need. ...

#%dir %{axis2c_home}/lib
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/modules
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/modules/addressing
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/modules/logging
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/services

%files doc
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}
#%dir %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}

%files devel
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc INSTALL
%{_includedir}/*
%{_libdir}/pkgconfig/%{name}.pc

This results in the message:

... checking filelist
axis2c-1.6.0-1.x86_64.rpm: directories not owned by a package:
- /usr/lib64/axis2c

... due to this message.

This should be cured by uncommenting the %dir derective(s). However,
as soon as I comment out the %dir directive(s) I end up with tons of
messages claiming that files in /usr/share/doc/packages/axis2c are
packaged twice in axis2c and axis2c-doc. These messages are prefixed
with ERROR.

This happens even if you only have _one_ line with "%dir %{axis2c_home}"
in your spec file?

Yes, I am stuck with either getting a complaint about the directory not being owned by a package or getting messages about files being packaged twice. Although, I am pretty certain that I do not have duplicated entries in the files section.

<snip>
%{axis2c_home}/modules/*/module.xml
%{axis2c_home}/axis2.xml
%{_bindir}/axis2*
# .so links need to be in the regular package as they will be used by dlopen
%{_libdir}/*.so*
%dir %{axis2c_home}
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/lib
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/modules
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/modules/addressing
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/modules/logging
#%dir %{axis2c_home}/services

%files doc
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}
#%dir %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}

Results in:

ERROR: /usr/share/doc/packages/axis2c/api/html/axiom__document_8h.html is packaged in both axis2c and axis2c-doc, and the packages do not conflict
ERROR: /usr/share/doc/packages/axis2c/api/html/axis2__http__transport_8h-source.html is packaged in both axis2c and axis2c-doc, and the packages do not conflict

One error message for every file packaged in
/usr/share/doc/packages/axis2c

Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx