Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: OBS down ?
On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 20:06 -0600, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 17:57 -0800, Roger Luedecke wrote:

Sounds that way. Is it not possible though to show something on the
OBS
site itself? Like when searching for SW?

That doesn't sound unreasonable. Perhaps you can suggest specifically
where and how it should be displayed. Let's ask Adrian his thoughts on
whether this is possible/feasible.

Of course, any of this is purely for situations where a reaction has
occurred. In situations where an outage has happened and appropriate
people are "away-from-grid", we'll still be somewhat in the dark about
what's going on. I guess that's unresolvable atm since we can't expect
people to standby 24/7/365(or 366 in leap years). I do give Kudos to
Adrian and others for reacting as quickly as possible today and in the
past.

Bryen

Understandable and agreed. Basically, instead of merely showing a
generic error, how about something slightly more informative? Perhaps it
would be possible to link the error page to another page that lists
outages. Thus, if there is an error causing 504 outage, then it would
automatically pull info from that page.