Re: [opensuse-buildservice] special hack for handing off remote source requests to ajax server
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:29:29 +0100
Uh, I don't think this is legal. Either it's chunked or the
content length must be known. Otherwise keepalive connections
could not work.

Well, I am not sure whether it is legal but in fact this is what squid
apparently does when handling chunked transfer encoding data coming
from the server. You are right that for sure keep-alive connections
cannot handle that but squid handles that case by simply not using
keep-alive then, even when the client asks for that.

If someone knows a way to change this behavior in squid I would be
happy to hear about it. I have full control over the squid
configuration, thus if there is an option to change the behavior this
would be another (and likely better) solution.

Removing the commit would mean that (slow) downloads use a
slot in the server for a long time. There's a only a fixed number
available, thus you may run into a non-responsive server.

Ok, thanks!

Robert