Re: [opensuse-buildservice] special hack for handing off remote source requests to ajax server
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 03:24:46PM +0100, Robert Schiele wrote:
causes special handling if the user-agent string indicates that the
other system is an OBS system as well, resulting in using chunked
transfer encoding instead of having the content length. When this
passes through the squid proxy the chunked transfer encoding is
replaces by "normal" encoding but still the content-length not added.

Uh, I don't think this is legal. Either it's chunked or the
content length must be known. Otherwise keepalive connections
could not work.

The receiving OBS cannot deal with that situation.

Thus my question is, why was this special handling introduced and what
would be the consequences if I disabled that? Is this just a
performance downgrade or would that also have an impact on
functionality.

Removing the commit would mean that (slow) downloads use a
slot in the server for a long time. There's a only a fixed number
available, thus you may run into a non-responsive server.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg