Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Set devel-package dependency to automake on Factory? (for directory /usr/share/aclocal)
On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 08:26:12AM +0100, Nico Kruber wrote:
Recently rpmlint checks for Factory are complaining about no package owning
/usr/share/aclocal for aqbanking and gwenhywfar. Both their devel packages
install their *.m4 files into this folder.
I see that this directory is owned by automake but which of the following
solutions is the best way to solve this?

1) Should I set a hard dependency to automake into the devel package. AFAIK,
it is not necessarily needed for the devel package and developers using
aqbanking or gwenhywfar.
2) Should I include the directory in the devel packages (probably not).
3) Should I split off a sub-package (but an extra package for a single file
is
probably not worth it).

(2)

Add
%dir /usr/share/aclocal

to the files list. This just tags the directory as included (and can be
done by multiple packages.
This is also how coolo solved this for other packages.

Ciao, marcus