[opensuse-buildservice] Set devel-package dependency to automake on Factory? (for directory /usr/share/aclocal)
  • From: Nico Kruber <lists.nico.k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 08:26:12 +0100
Recently rpmlint checks for Factory are complaining about no package owning
/usr/share/aclocal for aqbanking and gwenhywfar. Both their devel packages
install their *.m4 files into this folder.
I see that this directory is owned by automake but which of the following
solutions is the best way to solve this?

1) Should I set a hard dependency to automake into the devel package. AFAIK,
it is not necessarily needed for the devel package and developers using
aqbanking or gwenhywfar.
2) Should I include the directory in the devel packages (probably not).
3) Should I split off a sub-package (but an extra package for a single file is
probably not worth it).

Regards
Nico Kruber