Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New request "declined" handling in OBS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:40:58 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2011, 15:42:19 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to inform you about a planned change regarding request declined
handling.

It was raised as blocking issue that the request creator may not see a
rejection (request set to "declined" state by target).

While we send out mails by default via hermes, it may get missed. Also
the pull model is not really accessable here.

So we decided to follow other systems like github, where you have to act
on declined requests. This means:

1) We show request on the "my work" webui page and on "osc my rq".

2) To get rid of these requests on that page you have basically three

* revoke: You accept that this was the wrong way basically
* superseded: You submitted an newer improved version
* reopen: You disagree and ask back to take the request as it is.

I see how to select revoke or reopen.

I how is decline changed to a superseeded? Or is that meant to be
used for the legacy declines?

This is not yet support in the webui.

You can use a standard osc and call

osc request supersede ID SUPERSEDING_ID

Also the new osc in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable is asking to superseded existing
requests in "declined" state in the same way as it happens already with
requests which are still in "new" or "review" state.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH