[opensuse-buildservice] New request "declined" handling in OBS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:15:16 +0100

I want to inform you about a planned change regarding request declined
handling.

It was raised as blocking issue that the request creator may not see a
rejection (request set to "declined" state by target).

While we send out mails by default via hermes, it may get missed. Also the
pull model is not really accessable here.

So we decided to follow other systems like github, where you have to act
on declined requests. This means:

1) We show request on the "my work" webui page and on "osc my rq".

2) To get rid of these requests on that page you have basically three

* revoke: You accept that this was the wrong way basically
* superseded: You submitted an newer improved version
* reopen: You disagree and ask back to take the request as it is.

However this means that suddenly older "declined" requests will pop up at
your place. You can see how this looks alike on the stage instance:

https://build.opensuse.org/stage/home/my_work

The new webui also offers to revoke or to re-open the request again.

The osc in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable is supporting this as well and also offers
to "supersede" requests in declined state when you submit a request.

We consider also to change all requests from "declined" to "revoked" during
deployment, so only new requests will popup.

Please tell us your opinion about this change.

thanks
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH