[opensuse-buildservice] API server database migration fails (unstable upgrades)
  • From: Mikhail Zabaluev <mikhail.zabaluev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 00:22:38 +0200
Hi,

I've been working with an OBS installation from
openSUSE:Tools:Unstable, and went through several upgrades.
During each upgrade, I am instructed to run the database migration
scripts. For the API server database, it always failed with this
error.

Mysql::Error: Table 'api_production.issue_trackers' doesn't exist: ALTER TABLE `
issue_trackers` ADD `kind` ENUM('bugzilla', 'cve', 'fate', 'trac', 'launchpad',
'sourceforge') AFTER `name`

Finally, after updating to obs-api 2.2.107, I'm in a corner because
the API server needs some new table to serve commit requests.
Should I fix the database manually and how, or should the migration
script account for earlier installations of unstable OBS?
I'm attaching the output of 'rake db:migrate --trace'.

Best regards,
Mikhail