Re: [opensuse-buildservice] running source services on accepting requests or just copying results
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Montag, 12. Dezember 2011, 13:27:08 schrieb Robert Schiele:
1. Discuss what is the intended behavior. I see the already mentioned
   b) source service results are copied from the originating package
   I personally don't have a very strong opinion which one is the
better solution as long as at least one of them is implemented. Thus I
would like to hear the opinion of those people that have a strong one
plus the opinion of the people that did the original design.

Both versions should be supported and it should be configurable. Eg. via
setting an attribute in the project to enforce the service rerun for example.

Thanks! But this is only a plan not implemented yet, right? So,
talking about the current code base to at least fix the current
behavior, am I correct that the intention of that code is to make the
result copy? Or were source services just nor considered at all in the
current code base on request handling, such that there was no clear
design decision so far?

You can see a broken example for this problem on build.opensuse.org in
project home:schiele:treesbug_base, package zlib, which was modified
in a branch and then submitted back. As you can see the source
services were not run, nor their results copied from the branch.

That is a bug in any case. Well, maybe a third option (not to run service and
not to copy expanded sources), but it should not be a default behaviour.

Ok, good that you agree. ;)

So, if someone could point me to the code that is supposed to do this
copying I might be able to track down more quickly what the problem is
and maybe even produce a fix.

Robert