Re: [opensuse-buildservice] backend consistency error when using linked projects and source services with OBS 2.3
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:49:37 +0100
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The getrev() sub contains:

   my $files = lsrev($lrev);
   copyfiles($projid, $packid, $lprojid, $packid, $files);
   addmeta($projid, $packid, $files) if $BSConfig::nosharedtrees;

That addmeta doesn't work for services. Not easy to fix, though.

Ok, I did a rather hacky solution for that now that seems to work for
my test cases but wanted to ask you whether you think this is safe to
do or whether you are seeing a risk with that.

The hack comes from the observation that a different hash is used in
the linked project because lsrev deletes the special files entries
/LINK, /LOCAL, /SERVICE, and /LSERVICE, thus creating a different hash
value. In my hack I duplicated the code of lsrev now and commented the
four delete statements out at the end of the duplicate. I used this
duplicate at the end of the code fragment then instead that you quoted
above.

Apart from the fact that this is obviously not a very clean
implementation, do you believe that this should work? And do you
expect that I might get some ugly side effects from that?

Robert