Re: [opensuse-buildservice] backend consistency error when using linked projects and source services with OBS 2.3
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:52:01 +0100
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 04:33:34PM +0100, Robert Schiele wrote:
Observation 1: Source services in treesbug_base is not automatically
triggered on accepting the submit request through the web UI. Thus the
package does not build. Is this intentional and why? Or is this a bug?

I guess it's intentional. Source services do not get run when a submit
request is accepted, instead the source service result is copied from
the request source. Dunno if that's good or bad.

Hmm, unfortunately it is even worse: It gets neither invoked, nor
copied, thus leaving the package in an unexpanded state on the server
which will obviously result in a build error. Manually triggering the
source services fixes the problem then.

Observation 2: In treesbug_link the package does no longer build
giving this error instead:

home:rschiele:treesbug_link/zlib/f8e1b18bdade329f0d1f987ce91a4d0d: not
in repository. Either not existing or misconfigured server setting for
'$nosharedtrees' setting in BSConfig.pm

Yes, seems to be a bug. It works for build.opensuse.org because we
don't use "nosharedtrees" (for historic reasons).

Ok, I started debugging that now. To me it seems so far that the
special code for writing the md5sums in the trees structure in the
case of source service runs (addrev_service?) does not consider
linkedbuild projects but I have to admit that my understanding of this
code is far from complete at this point in time. Thus any pointer is
highly appreciated.

Robert