Re: [opensuse-buildservice] prj config to get oss repo?
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 08:56:55 +0100
Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
On Wed 23 Nov 2011 23:21:25 NZDT +1300, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
The "obvious" reasons are, that
* When building a package, the source server employs a
virtual machine, and %() shell expansions are honored.
* But when we evaluate BuildRequires, the source server does not employ
a virtual machine, and %() shell expansions are disabled for security
reasons.

Not only that. It wouldn't make sense. BuildRequires are evaluated
on the host system because BuildRequires define what's required to
install the target system in the first place. So common constructs
like %(rpm -q something) would run on the host which yields no
useful result even if the execution could be made secure.

I understand that as evaluating buildrequires on the host system being a
bug in the build system.

o_O

The solution is to use macros in the prjconf to define the
properties of the target system.

And for obvious reasons I'm not interested in doing that for something
like this

%if 0%(vs="%{vers}"; test ${vs:0:3} = 4.5 && echo 1)

which clearly some computer should be doing for me. I am open for any
other ways doing this with just macros though.

What are you trying to achieve exactly? Which project/package?

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel