Re: [opensuse-buildservice] prj config to get oss repo?
On Wed 23 Nov 2011 05:57:33 NZDT +1300, Juergen Weigert wrote:

The "obvious" reasons are, that
* When building a package, the source server employs a
virtual machine, and %() shell expansions are honored.
* But when we evaluate BuildRequires, the source server does not employ
a virtual machine, and %() shell expansions are disabled for security
reasons.

A perfectly good explanation. Drop it into the OBS manual under
"additional limitations when using the build service".

This also causes those warnings:
Warning: spec file parser line 109: can't expand %(...)

It's not obvious what generates those warnings and why, so I shrugged my
shoulders.

I'd suggest to put a hardcoded define next to the define of vers

%define vers 4.5.3
%define vers_2digit 4.5

Adding another manually maintained setting is a possibility. I just
removed the conditional, then it's only wasting some computer's time...

Thanks,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann