Re: [opensuse-buildservice] prj config to get oss repo?
On Tue 22 Nov 2011 04:27:58 NZDT +1300, Juergen Weigert wrote:

Thanks for having a look!

Cannot see what is wrong, so far.
Lets visit your specfile:

%if 0%(vs="%{vers}"; test ${vs:0:3} = 4.5 && echo 1)
BuildRequires: libelf0-devel
%endif

-> works when unconditional. Please check that %if ...

That %if works absolutely fine on my system with rpmbuild.
If libelf0-devel is not installed the build fails with the expected
error message, if the package exists the build succeeds.
I do test spec files before uploading them to OBS.

sh: ${4.5.3:0:3}: bad substitution

Where do you get that from? Neither the OBS log nor my local log contain
any error/warning regarding this conditional.

I'd use rpm macros only, but don't see a solution here. They're a bit
limited.

So my conclusion is that the build service is broken. It is obviously
not behaving as expected. Expected is the behaviour I see locally.

I don't see how I can fix this. I am also not really prepared to spend
my evenings on reverse-engineering the build service, which I don't see
as part of my job when going out of my way to make packages available to
everyone when these packages work fine in every respect as far as I can
tell.

Thanks,

Volker

--