[opensuse-buildservice] Usage of devel project for maintenance versus new process for 12.1
Hallo,

reading the documentantion about a new maintenance process for 12.1 I
don't know how can I use my current workflow for the maintenance of
icedtea-web in openSUSE.

As the same version of icedtea-web (and openjdk6) is distributed in all
releases of openSUSE I maintain them in devel project and then submit
packages from that project. It saves me a time, as all issues can be
resolved in devel project and there's really no need for having the
**same** sources in several directories.

However in case of new process all maintenance commands
(maintenancerequest and createincidient) works on project level only,
because they expects to be called from mbranched project.

My attempt to use it on my devel project

osc maintenancerequest Java:openjdk6:Factory openSUSE:12.1:Update

wants to add java-1_7_0-openjdk, which is something I really do not want
to do (see request 91359 [2] for details).

Do you have any hints how to combine my and new maintenance workflow?

[1]
http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/OBS/obs-reference-guide_draft/cha.obs.maintenance_setup.html
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/91359

Regards