Hermes! (Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANNOUNCE: OBS gitorious.org => github.com move .... DONE!)
  • From: Sascha Peilicke <saschpe@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:06:35 +0100
On 11/11/2011 10:37 AM, Klaas Freitag wrote:
Am 10.11.2011 09:50, schrieb Stephan Kulow:

Hi,

Mails with diff or mails from github ?
Why do we actually discuss that on this level while we have solved the
problem of "everybody wants anything in any format (not)" long ago with
Hermes?
Even if Hermes surely could thread the world hunger problem, here it's a
custom bash script running on Adrians machine sending out commit mails,
so if you want to patch Hermes support into it, ask Adrian to release
the source :-)

I agree with Sascha - put yourself on the To and add people who want
the spam,
or send them through hermes so everyone can subscribe as they wish.
Whats the problem with routing it through Hermes? A client lib for
Hermes is available, so it should be doable to push the info into
herminator.

In the future Hermes will have the feature of user defineable templates.
With that people can not only choose if, how and when they want to have
the information but also if it should contain the diff or not.
Sadly, there is no future for Adrian's poor little script that did us so
good, as soon as Github sends out diffs, it's obsolete. Now it continues
to do its day to day job for ye olde OBS hackers who haven't yet
accustomed to that browsing 'n' clicking thing. If you want Github to
use Hermes, I'd suggest to write a feature request mail, the guys there
are really nice and responsive!

Getting back to the actual battle front: The matured love story between
OBS and Hermes will surely continue to thrive. Long live the Herminator!
--
Viele Grüße,
Sascha

< Previous Next >