Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Schedulers dead?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 06:38:44 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2011, 05:57:23 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Dienstag, 8. November 2011, 22:49:06 schrieb Malcolm:
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 23:41:15 -0500

Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

The i586 and x86_64 schedulers seem to be dead...

There was an outage earlier today, it will be slow as the scheduler is
in 'cold start' according to IRC channel topic.

That topic change was at 1am, the cold start never finished and then
the schedulers were shut down. I suspect an old shut down event
that was only read after cold start finished when everyone involved
in the restart was already in bed.

So I initiated a warm start now, but this has to read in the events
of > 5 hours, so don't expect newly scheduled packages in the
next hours ;(

It worked for half an hour and now it found 0 byte sized rpms again and
at least the i586 scheduler is dead again ;(

Starting another cold start makes little sense, we need to get the backend
repaired first - awaiting people to awake...

Greetings, Stephan

--
Sent from openSUSE