Re: [opensuse-buildservice] random scheduler crashes on OBS 2.1.6
On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 02:32:41PM +0100, Robert Schiele wrote:
I am about to debug a random scheduler crash with OBS 2.1.6 and wanted
to present my findings so far in this audience in case someone has a
good idea what might cause that and whether there might already be a
fix available.

What I see at random points in time is something like that:

Use of uninitialized value $pkgid in concatenation (.) or string at
./bs_sched line 4664.
Use of uninitialized value $pkgid in concatenation (.) or string at
./bs_sched line 4664.
gen_meta: bad line gcc46-c++

This happens shortly after gcc46-c++ had been rebuilt. The only
workaround I found so far is to remove the offending binary. gcc46-c++
is just an example. It could happen with arbitrary packages.

What I found so far is that this happens due to the fact that
solvable_lookup_checksum in perl-BSSolv-0.16.4 seems to return an
empty string for the packages in question.

Any idea what might be causing that or at least a pointer to what I
should check? Otherwise I will just dig deeper into the case but a
pointer which direction to dig to might be useful.

Is that on arm with qemu? mmap() doesn't seem to work, which
leads to rpm not creating any signatures.
Newer build service versions will not even accept those rpms, thus
you don't get that errors (but the build will fail).

Adrian knows about a workaround/fix for the qemu issue.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg