[opensuse-buildservice] random scheduler crashes on OBS 2.1.6
Hi all,

I am about to debug a random scheduler crash with OBS 2.1.6 and wanted
to present my findings so far in this audience in case someone has a
good idea what might cause that and whether there might already be a
fix available.

What I see at random points in time is something like that:

Use of uninitialized value $pkgid in concatenation (.) or string at
./bs_sched line 4664.
Use of uninitialized value $pkgid in concatenation (.) or string at
./bs_sched line 4664.
gen_meta: bad line gcc46-c++

This happens shortly after gcc46-c++ had been rebuilt. The only
workaround I found so far is to remove the offending binary. gcc46-c++
is just an example. It could happen with arbitrary packages.

What I found so far is that this happens due to the fact that
solvable_lookup_checksum in perl-BSSolv-0.16.4 seems to return an
empty string for the packages in question.

Any idea what might be causing that or at least a pointer to what I
should check? Otherwise I will just dig deeper into the case but a
pointer which direction to dig to might be useful.

Greetings,
Robert