[opensuse-buildservice] view=solvstate
  • From: Johannes Lahti <johannes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:41:49 +0200
Hi!

I'm maintaining a build system where one OBS is remote linking against
the other. Lately the source server of the latter has been in trouble
responding the frequent requests for the binary lists of the
repositories.

I found that adding:
our $usesolvstate = 1;
in BSConfig.pm (in the OBS that is remote linking) made the situation better.

The difference seems to be that by default the system uses
"view=cache" option for the query and now "view=solvstate". For me it
seems that with "view=solvstate" the binary list is returned in binary
stream directly from :full.solv -file and with "view=cache" the list
is parsed in a temporary text file for _each request_ and that is
taking a long time.

I'd just like to know why "view=cache" is the default and if there are
some drawbacks when using "view=solvstate"? And how the hell the
api.opensuse.org can handle the situation? :)

-Johannes