Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Creating KMPs
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:01:36 -0500
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Ann Davis <andavis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
3)  Given the above notes, would it make sense to submit this to factory?
I'm not opposed to it, I just haven't given it much thought.

There are a fair number of KMP packages for openSUSE. I just started
maintaining my first in a devel package a couple of weeks ago and it
only supports 12.1. So I can't speak to the maintenance issues
related to the effort.

Anyway, I wasn't implying you would submit the sampledriver to factory.

I was saying that anyone that made a KMP package that was destined for
factory by using your sample driver as a model would likely have it
rejected due the .changes file not being present.

Therefore, your example would be more helpful for openSUSE packagers
if it had the .changes file.