Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Creating KMPs
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM, EXTERNAL Konold Martin (erfrakon,
RtP2/TEF72) <external.Martin.Konold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Are there missing some features in my spec file?

These are just bugs in our general initrd (just fixed in the appliance).

Thanks for this info!

However, they are not FATAL and just ignored. So please do also :)

Now I get another error when trying to create a KMP:

+ make -j -C /usr/src/linux M=/usr/src/packages/BUILD/e1000e-1.6.3/src
make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.34-12'

 ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.
        include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.
        Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.

How should I run make in the kernel sources from within my KMP?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Martin Konold

Martin,

I have a pretty simple KMP specfile which works for me.

The source and patches are kernel specific, but the specfile should be generic:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=ext4dev.spec&package=ext4dev-snapshots&project=home%3Anext4&srcmd5=27686765b21f1b56480196f1c3a8a66c

Greg