Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Creating KMPs
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 13:56:05 +0100

Hi Martin,

Am Montag, 7. November 2011, 12:47:00 schrieb EXTERNAL Konold Martin:
I am following the documentation in
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/9226/using-opensuse-build-service-cr
eate-and-distribute-kernel-module-packages#4 .

I have created locally a SRPM containing a SPEC-file for creating a
kernel-driver package, a library package and an examples binary RPM.

I am now wondering how to upload a SRPM to obs.

I have the impression that OBS does not expect uploads of SRPMs.

src.rpms are also a built result, so OBS expects the single source files (tar
ball and .spec file) to be uploaded.

However, there are tools to automate the unpack of srcrpms, either

* osc importsrcpkg
* add a URL in webui to a src.rpm, it will use the download_src_package
source service.

bye
adrian

Is this correct?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Martin Konold

Robert Bosch GmbH
Automotive Electronics
Postfach 13 42
72703 Reutlingen
GERMANY
www.bosch.com

Tel. +49 7121 35 3322

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Hermann Scholl; Geschäftsführung: Franz
Fehrenbach, Siegfried Dais; Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Bernd Bohr, Rudolf
Colm, Volkmar Denner, Wolfgang Malchow, Peter Marks, Uwe Raschke,
Wolf-Henning Scheider, Peter Tyroller
SUSE Linux Products GmbH