Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to add changes to a package that is linked

On 11/04/2011 06:33 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/04/2011 05:54 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,

when I create a _link to a package I can add patches as defined in the
wiki [1]. But I can not find any info on recording what I have done to
the changes file.

So how does one add to the changes file ?

Thanks
Togan

Are you just talking about "osc vc"?

Yes but I guess the same issue is true for the web as well

Togan

Togan,

I'm not aware of a WebUI way to edit the changes file and get the
formatting handled for you, so that file is one I always do via "osc
vc".

I guess you're missing my point. Here is what I mean with _link file

<link project='GNOME:Factory' package='cairo'>
<patches>
<topadd>%define build_xcb_backend 1</topadd>
</patches>
</link>

now with this method I can add something to the spec file with out me
editing the spec file. So the question is how can I do the same thing
with changes file

Togan