Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANNOUNCE: OBS gitorious.org => github.com move .... DONE!
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 17:12:04 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 17:34:00 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
On 10/23/2011 02:27 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Hi,

On 2011-10-19 16:59:04 -0800, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
One addition, if you want to follow commits to OBS-related projects,
you>>>
should subscribe the following mailing list:
obs-commits@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Is it possible to add the diff to the mail?

yes, would be very important.

If it is not possible via github.com, I will run my script again.
Will check with Sascha on tuesday.

Adrian's script is now generating commit messages again, which means
it's generating them with a huge delay

delay should not be hugh, just when git-sendmail run into its "diff with
too long lines" bug :/

and multiple times, depending on
branch merges. Can we please revert that?

Michael, TuX and me currently want readable mails....

We moved to github to change
for the better and get rid of broken / custom crap. I filed a feature
request to have diffs added for github's commit mails and the friendly
guys there added it to their list. With the current commit messages sent
by github, it's diffs are one click away. Not much in the age of
browser, no?

These mails are just pointless for me. If there are more people who want mails
without diffs I can send them just to the people who want them with diffs.

For me and michael the diffs are crutial for our peer review work. We don't
want to wait for browser startups ...

Is there anyone who wants mails, but without diffs ?

You wouldn't want to comment on commits on the list, that's working way
better with github's commenting system. The same that would be used for
merge requests. Needless to say that his would work brilliantly for
branches and clones...
SUSE Linux Products GmbH