[opensuse-buildservice] ANNOUNCE: OBS gitorious.org => github.com move .... DONE!
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:22:46 +0200

As announced earlier on this list, we have moved OBS and all offical related
modules from gitorious.org to github.com.

The new anonymous git url is git://github.com/openSUSE/$MODULE
Some of the modules got renamed during this move:

build-service => open-build-service
sign => obs-sign
build => obs-build
shared-resources => obs-shared-resources (Not needed anymore since OBS 2.3)
themes => opensuse-themes

Not renamed, but moved modules are:
* osc
* osc2
* hermes
* software-o-o

Of course no commit, branch, tag or credential is lost.

We did not moved older unmaintained or inofficial modules. In case you want to
get your repo moved as well, please speak up.

You can either do a new clone from github or change the origin URL in your
local clone with the following commands:

git rename origin gitorious.org
git remote set-url origin git://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service.git

In general, a overview of the exiting official and unoffical modules and their
source locations can be found here:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tools

All moved repositories have no commit permission on gitorious anymore.

Users who (should) have push permissions:

First of all we want try to use kernel development workflow with github (since
it has working email notifications and pull request mechanism). That means
only the most frequent contributors have currently a push permission.
All others should should do the fork & pull request step as described here:

http://help.github.com/send-pull-requests/

If this model becomes a problem, we can switch back to peer review again.
Please feel free to discuss about this on the obs mailing list.

People with a github account and added into to the "OBS Core Developer" group
can do the following to modify their local git clones:

git rename origin gitorious.org
git remote set-url origin git@xxxxxxxxxx:openSUSE/open-build-service.git

In case you think that you should have push permissions, but you don't have
atm, please create a github account and drop us (either Sascha or me) a mail.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH