Re: [opensuse-buildservice] using intel icc for build
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:30:46 +0200
Am Freitag, 30. September 2011, 00:30:07 schrieb Rüdiger Meier:
On Monday 19 September 2011, Lars Vogdt wrote:
I would say: feel free to contact Intel and ask if you can get an
official approval for including the icc into the openSUSE Build
Service.

Finally I've got some answer:

On Thursday 29 September 2011 at 20:25, noncomsoftware@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Monday, September 12, 2011 6:27 AM, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Am I allowed to install the Intel compiler on a public build farm
with many users who all can use different platforms there for
compiling software packages?
I would be the only one who has granted permissions to use my
particular icc installation there.

You are the only user who is permitted to use the license but you
can use it on as many different systems as you want as long as you
don't get a salary when you are using software.

I was lying a bit about the auth feature we don't have yet.
Anyway now I am going to ask about an official approval for this or even
about a non-com group license without user authentication.

OBS won't take software that has a non-commercial license, we need
free software.

Greetings, Stephan